|Complaints to Police
Complaints to D.M.
Search of premises
District Magistrate(D.M.) is the head of the Criminal Administration. He can be approached
for redressal of the following grievances.
- For problems pertaining to law and order, violation of Human Rights, bonded labour,
harassment from gangsters, mafias or goondas. D.M. is empowered to seize the ill-gotten
property of the gangsters and extern the goondas from the district.
- D.M. can be approached for proper action under N.S.A.(National Security Act)
against those persons who disturb 'Public Order'.
- The District Government Counsel or Senior Public Prosecutor/ Public Prosecutor/Assistant
Public Prosecutor present cases against the criminals in the court of law. D.M. can be
contacted for any problem related to government cases (Section 24/25 Cr.P.C.).
- Misuse of weapons.
- Action against persons disturbing 'public tranquilly' (Section 107 Cr.P.C.).
- Action against persons trying to conceal their presence with a view to commit a
cognizable offence (Section 109 Cr.P.C.).
- Obtaining security for good behavior from habitual offenders (Section 110 Cr.P.C.).
- Action under section 133 Cr.P.C. for taking action against :-
a) People indulging into 'Public Nuisance'
b) Hazardous industries
c) Hazardous buildings
d) Hazardous animals
- Urgent matters of nuisance (Section 144 Cr.P.C.).
- Action against persons guilty of keeping stolen property/forged
documents (Section 94 Cr.P.C.)..
- Abduction of females, children etc.(Section 98 Cr.P.C.).
- Complaints regarding death in police custody (Section 176
- Disputes regarding possession of land and property (section 145
- Grievances regarding Child Labour
- Grievances regarding Cinema/Video theatres
- Grievances regarding jail
- Grievances regarding elections
- Grievances regarding Land Records, Land Revenue etc.
- Grievances regarding Local Bodies